Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'd Rather Be a Comma Than a Full Stop.

First off, I'm watching Sex and the City right now, and I love that a scene I just watched is verbatim a scene out of my life last night (in the best possible way).

I've neglected this blog so much, and I seem to only come to it when I'm pissed off. I will resolve to come more often and in much better moods.

Re-cap on the past month:
I had my heart crushed (although I do not think he did it intentionally). I have cried a lot. A lot more than I have in awhile. And a window has been opened.

I have met someone who is truly wonderful. I'm not putting any hopes or expectations into him, but I truly enjoy the time I spend with him. I have laughed so much, and I have felt giddy enough to dance around my house when nobody is home (I haven't been in that mood in nearly a year).

For two weeks I have been pondering Justin Vernon's lyrics, "...and at once I knew I was not magnificent." I haven't kept it a secret that I've been thinking about these lyrics that I adore. But last night as I was falling asleep, whispered into my ear were the words: "I think you are magnificent."

I've never been made to feel beautiful before, or that I was worth something. And then in a whirlwind, a person has come into my life that has led me to believe that I am something special. Here is the part where I say that you should never rely on someone else to give you self-worth, but it does not hurt to be reminded every now and then.

So I'll end this post on my most favorite note:
Listen to:
Moth's Wings - Passion Pit
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay.

(P.S. If you haven't already, check out my music blog: ashleebre.tumblr.com. I'm much more active on there)

No comments:

Post a Comment